The true nature of God is his love for relationships. He does not exist in a vacuum, and He didn’t create us to live that way either. Unfortunately, many of us miss the true blessing of relationships and the people that God has sent to us to make our lives better.
This morning as I was reading my emails, I came across one from a friend that said “we’re in this together”. I don’t suppose she knew what she was saying, but I thought of how God always positions us in good relationships because he wants to bless us. So today, I want to thank Him for Angels unawares.
What do I mean by “Angels unawares”.
In Hebrews 13:1-2, the author writes:
Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Everyday, if we allow God to do His bit, we entertain angels in ordinary form. I am not talking about those close people in our lives. But have you thought about
- The postman who delivers your mail.
- The person who walks by and offers a sincere smile to you
- The friend who sends you an email to comfort you.
- The attendant at Mcdonald’s who unwittingly declares “have a good day” over your life.
- The pastor/youth leader at your church who always knows exactly what to say about your situation.
- The random sister, who gives you a big hug even though she doesn’t know you
- The colleague who brings you an ice capp to help your work a little easier.
- Even the little cat or dog, that you have that’s always licking you when you need it.
There are so many examples around us where God is blessing us in little teensy bitty ways. But the enemy will trick us into believing that these people are bothering us, nuisances, distractions, just so we can foster the cycle of discontentment. The truth is God has positioned people all around to show His light and love.
We should be grateful for each person that’s in our lives. They may not be as close as family or friends, but God has placed these strangers as ‘angels’ to be a blessing to us in some small way. Not only should we give thanks to God for them, but from time to time, we should also convey our gratitude to those people. Take time out of the busy schedule to encourage them, talk to them for a few minutes, or return a coffee favour.
In everything we must give thanks. God has orchestrated all of the happenings of our day and has positioned angels to bless us.